Cambridge Womens Aid

MENU menu


Support for women living in Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire


Cambridge Women's Aid offers free and confidential advice to women who want to regain control of their lives.  In the first instance, to speak to a worker or to make an appointment to meet in Cambridge call 01223 361214.


Domestic abuse is when someone close to you causes you harm by using a range of abusive behaviours which may include physical, emotional, sexual , psychological or financial abuse.




Perhaps your current or ex-partner is threatening or bullying towards you or your children.  It may be that your relationship doesn't feel right.  Call us and talk it over.  We are happy to listen.


We are experienced in providing support, information and advice to women who are experiencing a range of abuse.


Who can use the CWA Outreach Service?

  • Women from any background can call us about past abuse, current abuse and any fears she has about future abuse
  • Women who have separated from their abusive partner but feel confused, alone, lacking in confidence or are scared
  • Women who have children and those who don’t
  • Women who don’t know what to do or where to turn.  For various reasons you may not be ready to leave your relationship
  • The CWA Outreach Service mainly supports women living in Cambridge City or South Cambridgeshire

Information about other services that support people experiencing domestic abuse.


You are probably aware that you cannot continue alone for much longer and need to talk to someone who will understand what is happening in your life.


If you are worried about someone you know or work with, you can also contact us for advice.  We are happy to speak to concerned professionals, neighbours, friends and family members.  

Emergency Help


If you feel under immediate threat of physical abuse by your partner and decide that you must leave your home immediately, you can seek help by calling the police on 999 who may then contact CWA on your behalf.  If you have already had to flee your home because of domestic abuse, you can contact CWA at any time for advice and help.

I don't feel safe at home



Domestic Abuse - opening closed doors

A local leaflet designed to offer advice to concerned family and friends